Turcom UPV 68
Turcom UPV 68 is a high temperature R&O turbine oil formulated with a precisely balanced mixture of antioxidants, corrosion inhibitors and metal deactivators. It is blended in hydrotreated Group II base stocks to give outstanding oxidative life and surface properties.
It also contains a supplementary mixture of volatile vapour space inhibitors to allow this product to function as a preservation oil by protecting steel surfaces in the oil reservoir of the circulation system.
- excellent oxidation stability
- prevents sludge and controls deposits
- protects against rust and inhibits corrosion of yellow metals
- combats effects of water – good water separation and filterability
- prevents corrosion in tank surfaces when equipment is idle or rusting is being promoted by moisture
- can be used to treat equipment prior to shipping
Turcom UPV 68 is generally used in place of a conventional turbine lubricant, such as Turcom Ultra 68, when equipment shutdown is anticipated. The vapour space inhibitor has no detrimental effect on base lubricant properties and Turcom UPV 68 can be used as the service lubricant when the equipment is returned to operation.
Turcom UPV 68 is suitable for use as a:
- Gas and steam turbine lubricant
- Hydraulic fluid
- Circulating oil
- Compressor lubricant
Where equipment is to be shipped, Turcom UPV 68 can be partially drained but it is recommended that the system is not emptied, in order to allow the vapour space inhibitor to continue to protect surfaces.
Turcom UPV 68 meets or exceeds the requirements of:
- MAG P-38, P-55, P-54 and P-57
- General Electric GEK 32568, GEK 107395, GEK 46506
- Siemens TLV 9013 04
- Alstom HTGD 90 117
- Solar Turbines ES9-224
- DIN 51524-1; 51515-1
- Parker Denison HF-0 Bench Tests
- AIST 125
- ISO 8068
- AGMA 9005 E02-RO