RX GEAR OIL 80W is an automotive gear lubricant formulated from high performance base oils and an advanced additive system. This product is formulated for commercial transmissions, axles, and final drives where protection against wear and scoring is required. It provides excellent performance where API GL-4 service is required.
It is chemically and thermally stable at high temperature, good performance at low temperatures and excellent rust and corrosion control normally experienced with water contamination in wet conditions. It is fully inhibited against foaming, oxidation and corrosion, and contains sulphur/phosphorous extreme pressure additives which ensure that the oil meets all the requirements of modern automotive differentials, heavy duty non-synchronised manual transmissions and final drives to operate at high load-carrying capacity at sustained high speed under high torque loading conditions, where such gear oils are required.
Advantages and Benefits
- Good thermal stability and resistance to high temperature oxidation.
- Extended gear and bearing life.
- Reduced deposits.
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection.
- Longer component life.
- Good low temperature lubrication.
- Reduced wear at start-up and ease of start-up.
- Compatible with typical automotive seals and gaskets.
- Minimum leakage and reduced contamination.
- Longer seal life.
RX GEAR OIL 80W is engineered for use in :
- Manual transmissions & drive axles requiring API GL-4 level performance.
- On-highway light and heavy-duty trucks and commercial vehicles.
- Off-highway industries including: construction, quarrying, and agriculture
- Other industrial, commercial, and automotive applications including hypoid gears operating under moderate to severe operating conditions
- Not for use where GL-5 performance is recommended.
RX GEAR OIL 80w meets or exceeds the following specifications:
- API GL-4
- Daimler Chrysler MB 235.1
- ZF-TE-ML 02A/17A
- MAN 341N
- ZF-TE-ML 08
205 litre drum, 20 litre pail